Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year and a New Dress!

Happy New Year everyone!! Here's to wishing everyone a prosperous, healthy, and of course a very fashionably well-versed 2012!

2012 is going to be a big year for me... my darling older sister is getting married,  a few of my closest friends are getting married, I'M getting married, and a few personal and professional adventures are on the books (more on those as the year progresses). With the whirlwind 2012 has in store, I also think its time for big new years resolutions.  For me, this year will be all about setting up good habits and consistent schedules. I want to get better at keeping in touch with people, and for the life of me I'm going to try to kick my ever present procrastinating to the curb. This includes my blog. I've used the craziness of the past few months as an excuse for not posting regularly like I used to... I'd like to get back into the swing of it.  This new anti-procrastination movement will also help me with wedding planning... I hate make decisions, so I put them off and next thing you know its "OMG I haven't even picked out an idea for save the dates, let alone ordered them; they need to go out in a week according to the planner!"  (So apparently that's first on the to-do list).

I also have no more excuses not to focus on things like that because my all consuming hunt for finding a wedding dress is finally over!!

For months I've wanted to punch every girl who said "My wedding dress? I tried on maybe three, and ended up buying the first one!" Yes, this includes my very own sister. I tried on what seemed like 100 and absolutely nothing was working. I liked this, and hated that, this was too expensive, and that looked too casual. I now realize the drawback to being a stylist for a high-end luxury retailer... your bank account does not match your expectations of the "perfect" dress. It also makes you way, way, way too picky. Not to mention, I change my mind about what I feel like wearing from breakfast to dinner, how am I supposed to know what I will want to wear 7 months from now!

Then it happened, I finally had that "ah ha!" moment I was expecting when I put on THE dress. Now, I can't imagine wearing anything else. (I'm putting that in writing to remind myself 7 months from now that's how I felt). Keeping the details of probably the most exciting purchase of my life a secret for over half a year is going to be torture.

I'd love to hear from all of you. What are your resolutions for 2012?

4 comments:

  1. i love you girly! i need the descriptive details of this dress! My resolution is to focus on my pursuit of happiness. i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My resolution...to help juggle it all in a calm, cool, collect manner with our family and to make sure everyone has the best year of their lives planning it all. What an amazing ride it's going to be for you. Document it all! Relish it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://itsnevertoo.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog.html

    i nominated you =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also great year for your followers.

    ReplyDelete