Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gold Globes Red Carpet Recap

Its that time of year again, where I can get over my general detest for literal red carpets  after a grueling holiday season in the retail world, and actually thoroughly enjoy them.  Yes, of course I'm talking about awards season.

The Golden Globes kicked things off last night. If I'm going to be totally honest, I was a little underwhelmed. I didn't LOOOOOVE really anything, but there were few that I was pleasantly surprised by. Here are a few of my faves from Sunday's festivities (In no particular order):

I really liked Emma Stone in Lanvin. The plumy raspberry number just looks so cool and effortless on her. She always seems to get it right on the red carpet. I do have one gripe... I don't love the embellishment on the belt, but I'm willing to let it slide.


Salma Hayek looked like a bombshell (as usual) in Gucci. Her lose ombre locks were a perfect compliment to the dress. 


While I normally don't like dresses this busy, Diana Argon's cherry red laser cut swan Giles Deacon dress is something to marvel at. The sheer intricacy of the dress is incredible.


Zooey Daschanel couldn't have looked any more like a Prada girl than she did at the Golden Globes.... wearing custom Prada of course. (Yes, yes, I know, I still owe you a post). I would have liked her hair up... a cute little top knot would have been perfect, but overall I still like the look and I like that it is so distinctly true to the vendor, while still being true to her quirky personality. Also, those tuxedo nails of hers.... how adorable.




And, just like its the kick off to awards season, the first red carpet of the season also gives you the first looks at the trends for Spring... and this was no exception. One of the biggest trends coming up... The New Neutrals: Nude and Yellow?

Nude colored frocks will be everywhere this spring, and quite a few actresses jumped on that bandwagon (a few successfully, and a few not so much). The ones who got it right?

Kate Beckinsale in Cavalli

Charlize Theron in vintage Dior (not surprising)


Elle McPhereson in Zac Posen


I even like Sarah Hyland's look in vintage Docle & Gabbana.

 
And as for the yellow? You'll see shocking colors all over for the next few months, but the biggest of which will be yellow... often paired back with nude, taupe, and beige to make it one of springs "new neutrals" There were quite a few gals who brought that sunshine hue to the red carpet including Julia Kurbatova , Maria Menunos, and Paula Patton.






 What about you guys? Who'd you love, who'd you hate? I can't wait to see the rest of the fashion award season brings!

1 comment: