Friday, July 29, 2011

Covetable Closets: Taryn Antoniou

I've established a fairly decent wardrobe for myself over the years. It has become sort of a timeline in fabric. I can see how my tastes have changed and matured and which trends I bought into whole-heartedly... and those I probably should have avoided. Because of this I look at my wardrobe as somewhat of an accomplishment. Like a coin collector may glance at his collection and smile, that same sense of delight dashes across my face when I open my closet door (or look over at an entire wall as the case is now). Contrary to what my Mother may say, it is no where near complete, but I'm pretty happy with what I've built so far.

This however, does not stop me from being envious of a few other wardrobes.  So, I think it only proper that we begin to introduce them into the Well-Versed Wardrobe conversation. The way these wardrobes are stocked, I'd have content for days, so for now we'll take baby steps.

I'd like to start my first segment of Covetable Closets by featuring someone who has been mentioned on the Well Versed Wardrobe many times before- (and as you'll see for good reason) Taryn Antoniou. Taryn is a fellow stylist, blogger (The Life of a Paperdoll), and visual artist. I'm privileged enough for her unique sense of style to cross my path 5 days a week, and after over a year and a half of becoming acquainted with her wardrobe in that fashion, I can whole heartedly say its enviable.  I don't think there has ever been a week that has gone by that I haven't secretly wished (not so secretly now) that I could steal something she had on.





The one thing I love most about Taryn's sense of style, is how well she does the whole "High-Low" dressing thing.  She's one of the few people I know who knows just what to pair that Forever 21 shirt with to make it look super chic (even expensive), or how to make those Chanel sunglasses look effortlessly everyday. She's not afraid to make bold color choices, or mix patterns which is another great call out, and with Taryn, every accessory has a home. You may not notice it at first, but she has a ton of them! Whether it be a gorgeous Chanel cocktail ring, or amazingly layered tribal necklaces she knows how to pull together those perfect finishing touches. Though many, they are never overwhelming... not an easy feat!




The other enviable thing about Taryn, she happens to be a great men's stylist. (Something I'm ashamed to admit, scares me to no end). If you haven't checked out the FAMQ (frequently asked man questions) section of her blog yet, you need to! It will help set that man in your life, be it boyfriend, friend, brother or even father, on the right fashion track.
Photo from The Life of a Paperdoll:
Styling by Taryn Antoniou

Scrolling through The Life of a Paperdoll it's easy to see why she's so inspiring.  She not only has a Covetable Closet but, whether it's her own, men's, or even environments she's created, a completely covetable sense of overall style.

1 comment:

  1. you are the sweetest! mwah!!

    .... and just so you know.. i feel the same way about you!

    ReplyDelete